12/4/16

They've ADDED ONE!


Remember those cards where each year there seemed to be a new kid in the family Christmas shot? And then you got the joy of watching them grow up even though you never actually met them?

Click on image to see it larger.
_____

An American Dream is the latest book in my series of vernacular photography books. The American dream of owning a home through vintage vernacular photographs. The focus is on the people who lived within the homes as well as the varied architecture from the late 1800s to the 1960s.


4 comments:

  1. A partridge in a hair... clip?

    Every holiday season I get two photo cards of two siblings, boy and girl, Each pair unrelated and unknown to each other. Both sets are the same gender, age, and all with red hair. I've always wanted to mix them up to see if the parents could tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She (on the left) definitely wanted "two front teeth" from Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I hadn't noticed that. And you know she felt a kinship to the "All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth" song.

      Delete