1/2/15

Time Traveling RICHARD GERE?


Starting off the new year with a possible time-traveling-celebrity, actor Richard Gere back in the 1940s picking and packing fruit for Del Monte. He's gone to a great deal of effort to hide his visit to the past. He certainly wasn't researching his part in American Gigolo or Pretty Woman. Any idea what role he might have been working on?


On the back of the photo it says, "Summer 1947  Daddy, R. L. and Clings" which sounds like a ruse to me. Yeah, the first letter of the young fellow is "R" which is obviously for Richard. Okay, so I don't know what the "L" stands for, but I'm sure one of you will figure it out. I'm guessing the Clings are nestled gently in the crates. Peaches I say! They're hauling peaches! (Excuse my exuberance, but the thought of summer peaches makes me go a little crazy.)


Click on image to see it larger.

They can travel through time, but they can't hide!

Don't forget to do a search of this site for other time-traveling-celebrities. I add them as I find them.
_________________

Available at Amazon
 Tattered and Lost: The Quiet Art of Reading

4 comments:

  1. Days of Heaven, Gere played a farm worker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I'd forgotten about that one. Good catch.

      Delete
  2. Or "Miles from Home" which is set in Iowa cornfields.

    ReplyDelete