9/18/13

DISNEYLAND in November 1955: Adventureland


It's almost hard for me to believe Tom Sawyer's Island was ever this barren. I loved running around that island and through the tunnels surrounded by trees. Now, I'm not talking about when I was a little kid. I was running through the tunnels in my 20s. I just never really grew up.

Being on the island watching the Mark Twain paddle boat go by is a little surreal considering you're in the middle of Orange County. Disneyland can transport you to so many places.

These folks are waiting their turn on the Mark Twain.


Click on image to see it larger.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to "go back in time" and see the place as it was then.

    The world has gotten too crowded in the past 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In another 100 years, someone who found this photo and didn't know where it was, might mistake it for a real riverboat wharf. How long can Disneyland sustain the fantasy world of the 19th century? Will there ever be a theme park celebrating the wonderful 1980s? That quaint end of the analog era was so magical :-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An animatronic Sex Pistols? I would like to hear into the future how some of the "fashion" choices of the past few decades will be perceived.

      Delete