10/8/12

Geo. McLeod BUILDING THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE


This vintage snapshot is a recent acquisition. I know nothing about the man other than what is inscribed below the image. I find the idea of standing on the top of one of the Golden Gate Bridge's towers terrifying. I love the bridge, but no amount of money could get me scrambling around on the structure, especially when it was being built.

Geo. McLeod is a hero to me.


Click on image to see it larger.

To see a post card of the bridge under construction click here. To listen to an interesting news report from the San Francisco Public Radio Station KQED click here and then click on item 23. To read a brief history of the bridge click here. To read about the men who built the bridge click here.


1 comment:

  1. You wouldn't catch me up there either. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete