7/24/12

X MARKS THE SPOT Deconstructed


There was a suggestion to take this past Sepia Saturday post and deconstruct the image. Sounded good to me.

As I looked at the faces of the women and the costumes they’re wearing all sorts of silly ideas came to mind. Then I thought of Rosa who was born in Europe but left, I believe, before the war. With that thought I had a new perspective of the context in which these women lived. This shot was possibly taken in Europe which means these women were soon to face years and years of war. I could no longer be flippant about them. Let their silly hats do the speaking while we fill in the missing pieces of their lives.









Strangely, the most classically pretty in the bunch is the one whose face is destroyed with the fold in the photo. I'm sure it was by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment