4/10/12

SEABEES relaxing in World War II


Another vintage snapshot from my Uncle Roy's collection taken while in New Guinea in World War II. I have no idea what we're looking at in this shot.


Click on image to see it larger.

I've stated before that I never really knew Uncle Roy. For that matter I really didn't know my grandparents very well because we mostly lived on the opposite side of the country. My grandparents and Uncle Roy lived in Pennsylvania. Uncle Roy died in 1958. My grandparents died in 1968.

Through these photos I get a hint of who Uncle Roy might have been in the world outside the small town in Pennsylvania. I have to remind myself that these are the images Roy saw. He was the man behind the camera lens.

To see other photos taken during World War II by Roy click on the label "Uncle Roy" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment